Sunday, October 26, 2008

When is the best time to stop breastfeeding?

More often than not, I get asked this question. Truth is, I don't know. I wish I could until Jack Jack is 2. But if I would get past that day, should I wean? Breast is best, breast is best, breast is best up to 2 years... and beyond! When I was younger the "and beyond" part wasn't there. I guess I'll make it to two years then I'd rethink the whole thing again.

I got this checklist on weaning over the internet:

10. Child can now open your blouse by himself. Then closes it after feeding.

9. The kid starts burping up silicone.

8. Child has developed a bad habit of flicking his tongue.

7. The little one keeps slipping dollar bills in your belt.

6. Child demands that you express for his cafe latte.

5. Your birth control pills interfere with his acne medicine.

4. After each session, you both have a smoke.

3. Child invites his friends over for dinner.

2. You feel an uncontrollable urge to hear "Dueling Banjos."

1. Beard abrasions on boobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search