Saturday, June 27, 2009

Breastfeeding Resources

Basically, the best way to really be able to breastfeed successfully is to learn as much as you can in breastfeeding. Sure, you can hire a lactation counselor in your area and you better make sure she's available 24/7. Otherwise, you will need to rely on yourself. Thus, the importance of learning the basics.

There are usually available resources in your local bookstore. I was lucky enough to get a copy of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding: Seventh Revised Edition (La Leche League International Book).



If you are internet savvy, then you've got a handful of information available to you. You can join an online support group for breastfeeding to meet with other nursing mothers. You might also be able to find a group near your area from searching online. My favorite breastfeeding sites are as follows:

Kellymom: Breastfeeding and Parenting
Breastfeeding Moms Unite!
Breastfeeding.com - Everything for the New Mom
Mother-2-Mother

I know that's a lot of stuff to go through so if you have any questions and you can't find the answer anywhere, just let me know. Maybe I can tell you the answer or maybe we'll both look for it. (wink! wink!)

I do not know what I would do without these resources. I'm thinking I could've mot been able to fulfill my breastfeeding dream.

Please do not forget to vote on the poll: "How long are you planning on breastfeeding your baby?". It's located in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search