Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Top 10 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Had Jack Jack

During my pregnancy, I read anything and everything about pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, childcare and parenting. I am very thankful that I have been blessed to have access of the internet and came to know people from GirlTalk. Not only that I have real people to ask questions to but also ask support from and not just books that will dictate every information. With that said, I thought I knew everything. Now, that he's a year old, I've listed the top 10 things I wish I knew before I had Jack Jack:

10. That I will never be able to have a straight 12 hours of sleep. Remember my birthday wish last year? Well, I guess it's never going to happen now. This is even worst than having 4 presentations in one day back in college. Although this time, the reward is better than a 1.0 grade.

9. That it hurts to pee and it's scary to poop for the first time after a normal delivery. Need I say more?

8. How to burp a baby. Believe it or not, I'm still not sure whether I'm doing the right thing when it comes to burping. I am just thankful that that phase has been done and over with.

7. That you need to moisturize every part of your body that expands during pregnancy. I used Tummy Honey on my tummy to prevent the stretchies since it says tummy. But after giving birth, I had stretchies on my hips. And yes it's really true! Prevention is better than cure. Huhuhu!

6. That a double electric breastpump would be much better for me even if I'd be SAHM. I thought I wouldn't have any milk (the usual mistake especially that I am flat chested) so I initially bought the Playtex Manual pump. Then after giving birth, I ordered the Medela Swing Breastpump which is another mistake. I should have bought PISA. Freestyle wasn't out in the market yet. Sorry for talking giberish.

5. That I'd feel completely miserable if Jack Jack does not sleep beside me for one night. I was so glad when my Mom agreed that Jack Jack would sleepover their house. Later on, I wanted to change my mind but I can't. Leaving me and hubby feeling terrible having a completely quiet room that night.

4. That there is no such thing as a Super Mom. I can never be around Jack Jack 24/7. Yes, I spend most of my time in the house but I still need to take a bath, right?

3. The house will never be squeaky clean without help. I used to tell hubby that we do not need help since it's just us and I can definitely do housework but then read #4 above. Then the househelp left us when Jack Jack reached his third month. If it's difficult to take a bath, what housework can I do?

2. That going out wouldn't be a breeze. Before I gave birth, I can easily jump in the shower and go out. Now, I have to prepare Jack Jack as well. And it's not only bathing, his bag, which would be bigger than yours will need to be packed. As in packed completely. If you can leave the house without a comb, you cannot leave the house without a change of clothing, diapers, diaper cream, wipes, etc.

And lastly,

1. That there is another person on earth that would make you cry. I rarely cry. Maybe my eyes are dry but there are just so few instances that I cry. Sometimes even in funerals, I do not cry. But with Jack Jack, he just woke up the other night calling me (Mama) and my eyes are watery.

I'm pretty sure Mom's out there would have a thing or two to add. Feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search